On October 16, we hosted our inaugural VEX Robotics Competition tournament, with over 20 teams from around Florida competing in this year’s VRC game, Spin Up! Here’s a look at the tournament results.
VRC Event Awards
- Excellence Award (VRC) 2733J Jelly Groveland
- Tournament Champions 2733J Jelly Groveland
- Tournament Champions (VRC) 229V ACE Robotics ,Tavares
- Tournament Finalists (VRC) 550G AHS Robotics, Apopka High School, Apopka
- Tournament Finalists (VRC) 550C AHS Robotics, Apopka High School, Apopka
- Design Award (VRC) 32792B COGNEX Winter Park High School , Winter Park
- Robot Skills Champion (VRC) 2733J Jelly Groveland,,
- Judges Award (VRC) 5956B Bangarang Timber Creek High School, Orlando
- Innovate Award (VRC) 229V ACE Robotics ACE Robotics , Tavares
- Sportsmanship Award (VRC) 34688A Phantom Eagles, East Lake High School, Tarpon Springs
Full match results are available on the ROBOTICON Rumble VRC Robot EventsTournament page.
VRC Tournament Media
And enjoy match videos from the event in our ROBOTICON 2022 YouTube Playlist
Our Rock Star Volunteer for the VRC Tournament was the amazing Sgt. Steven Notto, of Steinbrenner High School, who not only loaned out a complete field for our tournament but also volunteered all day as field support!
Enormous thanks to the Robotics Education Competition (REC) Foundation Florida staff for the direct support they provided to help us learn how to properly run a VEX Robotics Competition tournament and to all the amazing local VEX volunteers who helped with judging, refereeing, and more!
And a very special and heartfelt thank you to our event sponsors, Florida High Tech Corridor, SOFWERX, Bay Area Manufacturers Association (BAMA), Women in Defense, RD Management, Frontier Communications, and Soaring City Innovation Partnership, as well as to our program partners Scoutlier, PLUGHITZ, Tampa Bay Community Network, Stryke Esports and eSmart Recycling, without whom ROBOTICON would not be possible.
More ROBOTICON Fun all Month Long!
There’s plenty more Competitive STEM fun to enjoy throughout the rest of the month! Coming up on October 22, is our Lightweight Combat Robotics Tournament and on October 29, three events to make your day: FIRST Tech Challenge scrimmage, VEX U College Tournament, and our Aerial Drone Competition event!
Visit our Event Agenda page to see our full Manufacturing Month schedule. The event is free and open to the public, from 11 am to 5 pm on both Saturdays, and live streaming on Twitch.tv/ROBOTICONTB through the end of the month.