ROBOTICON Tampa Bay brings together over 60 teams across all four FIRST K-12 programs, and thousands of public visitors, to the University of South Florida Sun Dome Arena. Produced by Eureka! Factory, and sponsored by the University of South Florida, ROBOTICON is made possible with partnership support from Hillsborough County, PLuGHiTz Live Radio, Cigar City Multirotors and generous sponsors like AFCEA, USF Connect & the Florida High Tech Corridor, and many other great sponsors!
The mission of ROBOTICON is to provide FIRST K-12 Robotics Teams with a high-quality, post-season competitive event that provides opportunities for pre-season skill building, networking, and college and career readiness experiences. The event also provides a fun and unique way for the general public to enjoy this “Sport for the Mind” and see and enjoy the hands-on Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics that FIRST offers.
ROBOTICON annually features:
- FIRST Robotics Competition off-season competition
- FIRST Tech Challenge scrimmage and build day
- FIRST LEGO League practice and training
- FIRST LEGO League Jr. Expo
- Workshops for all programs, provided by teams, alumni, business and tech professionals
- ROBOTICON Challenge Awards
- Innovation Fair
Teams from around Florida, the nation and international teams are invited to join in the fun and learning each October in Tampa!