It took a little time to put together a game plan for ROBOTICON 2020, but thanks to title sponsor Lockheed Martin , nonprofit organizer Foundation for Community Driven Innovation and our awesome ROBOTICON Planning Team, we’ve got game now and we’ve got dates: November 6 – 20, 2020!
Like other big events in the age of COVID-19, we’ve had to rethink what ROBOTICON can look like online, and we believe we’ve got a fun, educational and interactive line up. There will be a small fee for teams participating in matches and skills challenges and the event will be publicly livestreamed. Over the course of two weeks, with full weekend and after school programming on weekdays, we believe there will be something for everyone:
- FIRST LEGO League and FIRST Tech Challenge virtual competition experiences,
- FIRST Robotics Competition skills challenges,
- VEX challenges,
- A variety of contests and real time challenges,
- Guest Speakers
- Alumni Spotlights,
- Industry showcase with virtual tours of some pretty cool places,
- Awards for Best Virtual Pit, Online Team Spirit, Match Scores and Contest winners
- Opportunities to earn event badges for prizes, and
- Dance breaks!
And best of all, ROBOTICON Live Online! is free of geographical boundaries. Teams throughout Florida and anywhere in the U.S. and the world can join in!
Sign up today to be first in line for program updates and full event registration information, and help us showcase all that’s best about our youth robotics community and why it matters, to you and to our collective future!
To be a ROBOTICON Live Online! Sponsor, please visit our Sponsor Page.