This year, ROBOTICON Tampa Bay is pleased to host a two day Florida STEAM Educators Conference, where teachers statewide are invited to see FIRST K-12 project based learning in action and to learn best practices from other schools and educators. There will be teacher workshops and shadowing opportunities on both days of the event including:
• Implementation of FIRST K-12 programs in both classroom and after school environments
• Curriculum and Standards Alignment overviews
• Diversity and Inclusion in STEAM Education
• Robotics and Special Needs Students
• Learn-from-FIRST-Students sessions on building and programming simple LEGO robots as well as Android based systems now in use by middle and high school teams
• Round table sessions with students, teachers and mentors
• Best Practices for Team Management and season success
• Building a Mentor Based Program
• Letting Students Lead – the Path to Empowered Learning
• In the Pits – Team shadowing experience
There will also be a screening the independent film by Greg Whitely, Most Likely to Succeed, about project based, experiential learning. Full Conference details and program schedule will be available soon. The conference is free to educators.
Please join us to see how FIRST can bring immense added value to your school program. Register HERE.