The 2015 ROBOTICON Challenge is open to FIRST Tech Challenge (FTC) and FIRST Robotics Competition (FRC) teams participating in the 2015 ROBOTICON FIRST Showcase October 10 & 11 at the University of Tampa.
The top FTC team and FRC team entry in each of these three categories (6 winners total) will be recognized:
- Entrepreneurship – Show us how you effectively sustain your team. This could include merchandising, securing sponsorships, good budgeting, or some creative revenue stream.
- Technical – Show us your most effective or unique solution to an engineering problem you encountered over the last season.
- Community Service – How does your team serve back in your community? We’re especially interested in STEM related community service, but are happy to see any of your projects.
Submissions are due by October 2. Click here to download the ROBOTICON Challenge flyer to share with your team.
Your submission must include:
- A link to a 3 minute video on YouTube or Vimeo, and
- An essay of 500 words or less addressing one of the three challenges listed.
Submit essay with file name as follows: program, team number and name (ex. FTC/FRCTeam 1234TheAwesomes), and include at the top of the essay:
- Category of entry: Entrepreneurship, Technical or Community Service
- Team Contact info including school or organization, contact name, email and phone number
- A link to the companion video.
Teams must be registered to attend RobotiCon 2014 for award consideration. Submit your entry via the form at the ROBOTICON Challenge page.
We are looking for:
- Entries that embody the goals and mission of FIRST, regardless of category
- Engineering solutions that are elegant, robust and have a creative design, in process, execution, or via a creative or unique strategy of play, focusing on a feature or features of the machine or development process.
- Entrepreneurship entries that exhibit an understanding of business planning , in order to define, manage and achieve team objectives, displaying entrepreneurial enthusiasm and the vital business skills that ensure a self-sustaining program
- Entries that exemplify sportsmanship and continuous Gracious Professionalism® at all levels.
- Entries with clear evidence of enthusiasm and spirit through exceptional partnership and teamwork.