ROBOTICON Tampa Bay Virtual Challenges
For this year’s “hybrid” event we have both in person and virtual challenges. On this page, you’ll find a variety of competitions and challenges you and your team can paricipate in remotely
ROBOTICON 2021 CAD Challenge Team Registration Opens Soon!
ROBOTICON CAD Challenge
In 2020 we held the first ever CAD Challenge for ROBOTICON. The CAD Challenge was created by a group of fellow FIRST participants that have a history in Computer Aided Design and participation in other CAD events as well as Bryan Bautista, a ROBOTICON event planner. They created a never before seen game concept for the ROBOTICON 2020 CAD Challenge.
As in last year’s challenge, the objectives for the 2021 CAD Challenge, open for all ages up through high school, are to:
- Create a robot to compete in the hypothetical game that has been created by our game designers.
- Complete the scouting sheet with a description of your robot and strategy
- Stay within the constraints of the game manual presented
- Make sure all participants are of student age
- Most importantly, have fun
Visit the Results page to see who won last year, and keep your eye on this page for registration to open for this virtual event!
Win a FIRST Tech Challenge Rookie Team Grant Challenge!
Thanks to the generosity of FIRST Tech Challenge in Manchester, NH, we’re giving away five – count ’em, 5! – FIRST Tech Challenge rookie team grants totaling $500 each. The grants include a $275 registration grant to cover the full cost of the FIRST Tech Challenge season registration and a $225 product grant to be used in the FIRST Tech Challenge Storefront towards your robot gear.
For a chance to win a grant, create a video no more than 5 minutes long, telling us, as creatively as possible, why you want to start a new FIRST Tech Challenge team and how you’ll help the team be successful.
FIRST Robotics Competition and FIRST LEGO League teams are especially invited to apply to help grow FIRST programs in their areas, and of course FIRST Tech Challenge teams interested in growing their FTC community are welcome to apply as well!
Enter by October 15!
Challenge Opens Soon!
2021 ROBOTICON A-Team Awards
The ROBOTICON A-Team Awards (formally ROBOTICON Challenge) is open to middle school and high school level youth robotics teams registered for ROBOTICON 2021.
There will be one winner in each of the following categories, awarded to the team that met the highest levels of performance in each of the three judged elements below:
- Business Planning – Show us how you effectively sustain your team. This could include merchandising, securing sponsorships, good budgeting, or some creative revenue stream.
- Technical Expertise– Show us your most effective or unique solution to an engineering problem you encountered over the last season.
- Community Service – How does your team serve back in your community? We’re especially interested in STEM related community service, but are happy to see any of your projects.
Visit the Event Results (roboticon.net) to see our ROBOTICON 2020 winners!
ROBOTICON A-Team Challenge Opens soon!