ROBOTICON Tampa Bay is produced by experienced FIRST volunteers and alumni, with exciting game play by students from around the state, providing great photo and film opportunities, and high quality STEM education, technical, industry and business story material for print or digital media. FIRST teams do amazing work, in school and out, give great interviews and have a story worth telling.
If you’re a member of the media and looking for some powerful news and photo opportunities about STEAM education, youth innovation and an exciting academic robotics competition, ROBOTICON is for you!
Email Terri@WillinghamLLC.com for media opportunities and passes to ROBOTICON.
- ROBOTICON 2017 Set for October 7 & 8 at USF Sun Dome Arena – Press Release
- USF Grad Returns to Campus (for ROBOTICON) as Robotics Leader – Tampa Bay Times
- USF Sponsors ROBOTICON Tampa Bay 2017 – University of South Florida News
- FIRST Robotics Team 1557 Competes At ROBOTICON 2017 – South Lake Tablet
- ROBOTICON on Manufacturing Day website
2016 Event Media
- Robots will take over USF this weekend for Roboticon Tampa Bay – Tampa Bay Times
- Pinellas Robotics Team Builds More than Machines – WTSP Channel 10
- 2016 Event Photo Album – Flickr
- 2016 Post Event Report (PDF)
- 2016 FIRST Looks Interview – PLuGHiTz Live Radio
2016 Tampa FRC Kick Off
2015 Media Coverage
- Tampa Bay Times Weekend Pick
- Robotics competition brings STEM-focused K-12 students to Tampa – 83 Degrees Media
- Tampa RobotiCon: Today’s Geeks, Tomorrow’s Billionaires! – Monkeys Fighting Robots
2015 Press Releases
2015 Event Resources
Tampa Bay Times Newspaper in Education (NIE) ROBOTICON Issue
Interviews & Video
Tampa Bay Community Network Promo
2015 Photo Gallery – Courtesy Tom Hill Photography
ROBOTICON Audio Slide Show
2014 ROBOTICON Gallery on Flickr
With Gratitude to Photographer Tom Hill for his contribution of time and talent to capture the fun and energy of our ROBOTICON events!