When we jumped off into the digital unknown for a virtual ROBOTICON event, we jumped with foresight, planning and confidence in the great people who always make ROBOTICON work, and who we think it’s safe to say did not disappoint in the virtual version! It was obviously a very different way to host what is normally a very social, high energy youth event, but all our great teams and participants brought joy and fun and wonder to it – and lots of patience and good humor!
We send our thanks and congratulations to the teams, coaches, families, sponsors and program partners who helped make ROBOTICON 2020 such a fun and wonderful success!
Videos and Photos
ROBOTICON Award Winners!
ROBOTICON CAD Challenge
Sponsored by SOLIDWORKS, organized by Bryan Bautista
- Judges Award: Velociraptors 48501
- CAD Challenge Winner: Team 14189 VISION
- Business Planning: FRC 3653 – Bot Cats
- Technical Expertise FTC 10022, Wired Wildcats Gen 3 1022
- Community Service FRC 2341 Sprockets
FIRST Tech Challenge Rookie Team Grants
Sponsored by FIRST Tech Challenge
NEXT Robotics Winners
- FRC 4592 – Mighty Mechanical Mustangs – Hollywood, Florida, Mcarthur High School Alumni
FIRST LEGO League
- 1st place KRAKEN 260
- 2nd place Novabots 255
- 3rd place JagBots 180
- Jammin’ JagBots
Judges Award: Community Outreach Recognition
FIRST Tech Challenge – Judges Award for Courageous Participation
- 2845 Team Duct Tape, Tampa
- 14189 VISION, Tampa
- 14226 Fe3 Ironic, Palmetto, FL
- 16527 RevForce, Lauderdale-by-the-Sea
- 18585 Future Tech 9-0, Quincy, FL
FIRST Robotics Competition
Skills Challenge Awards
- 1st – 5276, Edgar Allan Ohms: Total Score: 97 | Matches Played: 7 | Normalized Score: 13.86
- 2nd – 2341, Sprockets: Total Score: 32 | Matches Played: 3 | Normalized Score: 10.67
- 3rd – 3164, Stealth Tigers: Total Score: 1 | Matches Played: 2 | Normalized Score: 0.50
- 5276 Edgar Allan Ohms for Development of ROBOTICON Live and Open Source FMS, as well as the creation of ROBOTICON 2020 Skills Challenges
- 806 Brooklyn Blacksmiths – Brooklyn, NY – Sharing their FIRST Experience
ROBOTICON MVP – JoAnn Fitzpatrick
In recognition of her support of ROBOTICON Tampa Bay since its inception, in gratitude for her contributions as an exemplary graphic designer and marketing professional who has helped make the ROBOTICON brand iconic. JoAnn was a founding member of the Foundation for Community Driven Innovation, and has been the force behind the visual identity of all of our FCDI brands, including, in addition to ROBOTICON, Gulf Coast MakerCon and AMRoC Fab Lab. She was also coach of FTC Team Duct Tape for six years.
ROBOTICON Volunteer of the Year – Bryan Bautista
In recognition of our inaugural but now permanently featured ROBOTICON CAD Challenge, and all the work that went into designing, launching and judging the event
Thank you again to all our amazing event sponsors and contributors, to all the wonderful teams who joined us and to the best event planning team any event could ever have!